Over the past year, I have collected a few daytime soap opera openings for my own personal study, some of which are quite obscure. This compilation, which I coul not have accomplished without the help of Mr. Mark Faulkner of "The Edge of Night Homepage" and TV game show historian David Schwartz, greatly enriched my study of daytime soap opera openings.
However, I continue to seek video copies and video frame captures of the main titles and end credits of several soaps, as well as audio tape recordings and sound files of television soap opera theme songs from before 1982. Therefore:
Here is a list of daytime television soap opera openings I am
Love of Life
- Main and end titles from the 1960s
- "Flying dove" open and close of the late 1960s/early 1970s
- The early 1970s open and close featuring the bouquet of flowers near the window
- Anything from 1973 to 1977 with Eddie Layton and Carey Gold theme music
- Main and end titles from the final years (1977 to 1980), although I fear there may be no surviving Love of Life episodes beyond those from 1973 at UCLA.
- Main and end titles from the early years (1963 to 1977) featuring the original theme and the theme used for most of the 1970s
- Y&R style drawings opening of 1977 to 1980
The Secret Storm
- Any and all main and end title examples from 1967 to 1974
Bright Promise (NBC, 1969-1972)
- Main and end titles from 1969/70 season
- Main and end titles from later years (with newer Ray Ellis theme?)
Days of Our Lives
- I could use a clearer complete version of the original hourglass opening, which I believe was used from 1965 until the 1971/72 season at the latest, when the longest-running hourglass opening debuted.
Search for Tomorrow
- A complete version of the main title featuring the original arrangement of "We'll Search for Tomorrow" (i.e. 1974 to November 1981)
- Anything from the late 1960s or early 1970s and anything with "in-between" theme music by Ashley Miller
- Main and end titles from the 1967 to 1975 period
- The late 1970s "non-Emmy" end credits
One Life to Live (ABC, 1968-)
- The "fire" or "fireplace" opening of the first years
How to Survive A Marriage (NBC, 1974-1975)
Lovers and Friends (NBC, 1977)
For Richer, For Poorer (NBC 1977-1978)
Young Lives(Syndicated 1981)
- In addition to the main and end title, please also include the cute split screen "telephone" sequences that preceded the main and end titles of this limited run teen soap.
- Another short-lived teen soap.
Swans Crossing(Syndicated, 1992)
- Still another short-lived teen soap.
The Catlins(TBS Cable, 1983-1985)
- Main title from the early episodes that featured pictures of the cast members.
- Later main title (circa beginning of 1984 to end) without pictures of cast members.
Rituals (Syndicated, 1984-1985)
Hidden Faces (NBC, 1968-1969)
The Best of Everything (ABC, 1970)
Paradise Bay(NBC, 1965-1966)
The Nurses(ABC Daytime version, 1965-1967)
From These Roots (NBC, 1958-1961)
Young Doctor Malone(NBC, 1958-1963)
Our Five Daughters(NBC, 1962)
Somerset (NBC, 1970-1976)
- Open/close with Another World ring of interlocking circles logo
- Main and end titles from 1974 to end with panoramic view of the town and cool jazz theme.
The Lives We Live (CBS Stations, 1980-1981)
- This was a pseudo-soap in which three real-life women in their thirties discussed their lives. Dick Marx created a nice theme for this show.
Where the Heart Is (CBS, 1969-1973)
- Main and end title featuring short-lived original theme
- Main and end title featuring newer theme by Eddie Layton (circa Fall 1970 to end).
As the World Turns
- main and end titles from November 1981 to Summer 1984 with the original harpsichord dominated arrangement of Jack Cortner's "The World Turns On and On" theme.
If you have any material to offer me, please fill out the below form: